motherhood, love, and hope after loss.
I have to confess something: I am a little bit scared to tell you what this blog is about.
The reason? Because I blog about grief. (<–This is me whispering!)
Before you go – I get it. Our culture gets the heebie jeebies about death and dying and loss. But stay with me.
You see, I thought my blog was about grief but it turns out I was wrong. It is actually about love. OKAY I ADMIT THAT IS SUPER CHEESY. But, it is true. My path of healing since loss has opening my eyes to the need for the four “c”s: community, connection, creativity…and coffee. Always coffee.
Here are some of the things I like to blog about:
- The church choir I joined, where I brought the average age down by about ten years or so. I found my voice again after many, many years and Judy shares her cough drops with me.
- My daughter, who is nonstop motion and frequent fodder for laughs.
- My husband, whom is right some of the time. All of the time probably yes.
- The hard inner work of facing pain with love (and sometimes with humor, and the assistance of animated gifs from the Sound of music, because why not?)
- the practice of writing while also being a parent (it involves coffee, cheese, and PBS programming.)
Oh, and if you are curious about the blog name, check out this page. I sometimes get a little woo-woo with the spiritual stuff but nothing too out there.
So, thank you thank you thank you for reading. Truly. I learn as much from your comments as I do from the process of
putting pen to paper keyboard to WordPress. You get the idea.
A little bit more about me:
I’m Sarah, the writer behind mourning dove motherhood. I live in Southwest Florida with my husband and spirited three-year-old daughter. When I am not writing I enjoy taking in the Florida beauty, counting down days until the Gilmore Girls reunion on Netflix, and playing a very obvious game of “hide and seek” with my daughter. (“Mommy, bet you can’t find me standing here right next to my bed!” Actually, bet I can….)